- GRM Engineering Ltd undertake a range of activities which involve light engineering, manufacture and maintenance work both in our workshop and on clients’ sites.
- It is the policy of GRM Ltd (the Business’) to promote high standards of safety and health at work and care for the environment throughout its operations.
- In implementing this policy, the Business recognises that its operations affect its employees, customers and others in the community. The Business believes every employee can and should make a contribution to the successful implementation of this policy.
- This policy will be made available to any interested party upon request.
GRM will strive to:
- As a minimum, comply with all relevant statutory provisions and other relevant requirements.
- Maintain a management structure and system to monitor and report on performance.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent injury, ill health and pollution from foreseeable hazards.
- Involve employees on SHE issues.
- Minimise, in as far as is reasonably practical, the impact of its operations on the environment.
- To maintain a SHE system to an acceptable standard.
- Review SHE performance objectives established by Directors and management.
In implementing this policy, the Directors shall make provision for SHE that will ensure:
- Clear lines of management responsibility and accountability.
- Sufficient resources in terms of money, time and personnel.
- Defined standards for monitoring and reviewing performance.
- Adequate communication, training and supervision.
- The notification of this policy to visitors, contractors and others.
4. Responsibility of Employees
Whilst at work, each employee has personal responsibility to preserve and Enhance SHE; in particular:
- To observe safe working practices and encourages their observation by others.
- To consider the impact of SHE issues on their activities whether in respect of people or facilities.
- To draw matters of concern to the attention of the appropriate manager.
The GRM Engineering Environmental Policy is appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of its activities, products and services, which range from light engineering, manufacture and maintenance work both in our workshop and on various customers’ sites.
GRM is committed to continual improvement and prevention of pollution. This is achieved by insuring all employees are aware of the impact they may have on the environment and how they can minimise that effect. Continual improvements are identified and acted upon at management level.
GRM will, as a minimum, comply with applicable legal requirements and with clients’ requirements when on their premises.
GRM will set and review environmental objectives and targets annually via a top level management review.
The GRM Engineering Environmental Policy is documented, implemented and maintained via periodic reviews at management level.
The GRM Engineering Environmental Policy is communicated to all persons working for and on behalf of the organisation.
The GRM Engineering Environmental Policy is available to any interested party upon request.